FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Asiana Award Reservation CANCELLED without even telling me!
Old Apr 9, 2012, 12:34 pm
kmfdm91

Programs: UA 1K, AA PLT, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by Boghopper
Yes. UA told me everything was fine and all showed as ticketed and confirmed (and gave me an Asiana PNR) but I called Asiana to be double sure a week later and they said that the ticket hadn't been "bought" yet. Luckily I had the ticket numbers (which are the same for the entire itinerary), they entered them manually and all was fine. A sign that it's fixed is that before when I tried to select seats with my itinerary information the system said that the reservation had not been ticketed. Now it works fine.

But I'm going to call in a few days just to be sure.
Interesting - sounds very similar to my post (#33) from my award purchase a week and a half ago, and my OZ flight (Friday night)...

OZ only recognised my ticket when I presented them my 016 ticket number. They couldn't find my rez with the OZ PNR. They couldn't find it based on my (or wife's) name and flight date/number, either.

SQ was even worse - but this all isn't OZ or any partner's systems fault - it's clearly UA's SHARES ticketing system - easily not a classy system to say the least...and one that you have to babysit everything for.

-jeremy