FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Asiana Award Reservation CANCELLED without even telling me!
Old Apr 9, 2012, 10:47 am
azepine00
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by palwhatsup
A similar issue happened to me. I made an award reservation. The itinerary has a SQ and a NH segment. The system cancelled my SQ and NH legs without any notification! I was then told by the premier agent that the ticket did not ticket and the partner airlines cannot hold a ticket for more than x number of days... It is a bit annoying frankly...
I also dont think this is limited to oz - i mentioned smth similar a couple weeks ago in another thread.
I had an award changed by a day for a family member (all ticketed and showing up correctly on ual site) but when he showed up at lx counter in europe they were unable to check him in. Luckily i was reachable and after a frantic call to 1k desk and half hour on the phone they were able to fix it (within 1 h of departure).
I suspect this was a similar issue but dont know for sure. I dont think its a system limitation but rather some agents not very skilled in shares forget some step of the process.
I would definitely check with the operating carrier if you have a recently booked award just in case.