FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Asiana Award Reservation CANCELLED without even telling me!
Old Apr 9, 2012, 10:00 am
kmfdm91

Programs: UA 1K, AA PLT, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by muc2asia
I have several Asiana Awards reservations, both reserved and ticketed; through the old CO awards system.

In my account screens, it shows as ticketed and confirmed.

Are you saying that I have to double check with Asiana to make sure that they have it in their system, as well?
So I've got some VERY recent experience with this all, and past experience.

As a PMUAer, I had no issue with plenty of OZ award and revenue tickets booked with 016 stock (not to mention no SQ/NH/TG issues, either).

However, on CO award stock before the merger I had a horrible issue that lasted over a month with TK/SA/VS to get it resolved.

After the merger (just a little over a week ago), I booked an award with SHARES - REP-(oz)-ICN-(sq)-SIN.

When I called to book the ticket (you couldn't/can't online), the agent already told me that I'd need to babysit the ticket and call back tomorrow, because it probably won't ticket, and my flight was in a few days. So, I called back the following day, the agent asked if I wanted to book it - and I told them that I already tried to do it, but need it done immediately, because I need to book hotels, etc. 30 minutes later, they 'pushed' it through the swamped booking agents, and I actually had a ticket number. I figured, that was it, I have a ticket number (016) and we should be good.

Two days later, I called UA to get the PNRs. They give me the OZ reservation, but say there is no SQ PNR. Odd. I've never had a reservation agent tell me that a PNR isn't needed for a carrier.

I call OZ. They don't see the PNR. I tell them the names & dates traveled. Can't see anything. I tell them I have a ticket number and give it to them. Then they finally see it, do something on the backend system and 10 seconds later, I have seats.

I call SQ. I tell them that UA didn't have a PNR for it. Names/Dates - nothing. Ticket number - nothing. They tell me to call UA. I call UA and the great 1K agent spends 20 minutes calling SQ and somehow get everything worked out (I have NO clue what they did), but told me that I couldn't reserve a seat, but the ticket was supposedly fine.

My wife & I flew our flights (without issue, and both reservations were found) on the 6th & 7th, and things were fine - but this constant babysitting and unconfirmed reservations when UA says they are confirmed are ridiculous.

This isn't the 'biggest' airline in the world, and none of these issues ever happened to me with PMUA systems. That said, this being the 'new normal' doesn't sound good for me, and my bookings will surely decline, since their systems simply can't handle the loads of the passengers PMUA has brought over...I think there will be more JL & CX for me in the future.

-jeremy