FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premier members who have Chase-issued credit cards are eligible for award ticket upg.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 6:34 am
PHLGovFlyer

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
More data points

Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
Yikes! After reading this thread two months ago I went to the trouble of changing an XN award to an X award that I'm flying next week. Now who knows if this will work as advertised?

Flying on the 11th so I'll start to get signs this Saturday morning.
Originally Posted by B787938
Data points:
- I have the presidente plus and the MP select cards
- Flying PDX - IAH and IAH - SJO
- Booked in X and XN on the respective flights
- Upgrades cleared today at the window and I received push email notices

Nice!
On Saturday at T-96 hours nothing happened. Flight showed F9 R9.

No upgrade at T-72 hours either. The flight showed F9 R5 and the seatmap showed all 20 seats in F empty.

I realized that the PNR had both me (the UA credit card holder) and my GF (1k but no UA credit card) on it and that might be fouling up the credit card upgrade. I called UA at about T-59 hours and split the PNR. I never mentioned why or anything about the CC related upgrades.

I checked at T-50 hours and it still showed F9 R5. The mobile site showed 4 pax upgraded and the seatmap showed 4 occupied seats in F.

At T-48 hours I was upgraded! Immediately received the upgrade notice email from United. Flight now shows F6 R1. GF is still in coach so I may be doing some swapping (just to maintain harmony ).

So it appears that 'X' class tickets do still get the upgrade. It also looks like it might be worth it to split the CC holder off onto their own PNR. It's also interesting that I didn't have to do anything related to the credit card to get the upgrade. No calling, no asking to be put on any lists. It just happened ^