FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - April 15th: "The Re-sweep"
View Single Post
Old Apr 8, 2012, 1:57 pm
redwoman

Programs: UA 1K, Star Gold,Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by pdxtraveller
I called for a redeposit of a RPU and GPU (from 3/27-4/4 flights)--and miles from a 3/6 flight. The RPU/GPU deposit took about 5 minutes. Then, the agent said that she was rebooking the 3/6 flight as a 3/7 flight, and that it would take about 48 hours to appear online. The next day the miles appeared online. The agent was super efficient and knowledgeable--I forgot to ask if she was a PMCO or PMUA person. The whole thing took about 10 minutes--1 minute phone wait time. No mention for the need to wait to 4/15 for a re-sweep.
That is exactly what happened when I called a month ago and made somebody fix my ON segments. My segments were flown on 3/3 and 3/5, and the agent said that she would change them to Z (which in fact, they were) but to not be alarmed that they would show up as being flown on 3/7.

The agent who fixed this for me was PMUA based in Chicago, and she was super fast, seemed to know exactly what she was doing. That said, I had another Chicago agent who handled a refund and upgrade with miles redeposit of a FF Y ticket, and that has been a total fiasco. No refund and no redeposit of my miles after 3+ weeks and I was driven to dispute the charge with Chase.