FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best dining rewards program? ie which program should I register my cc with?
Old Apr 8, 2012, 9:53 am
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by manish
Idine = RN?

But there is a separate website idine.com which appears to be completely different? or are they part of the same?

I have an account w/ AA, UA, BA, delta, usair
iDine used to be name for the company that is now known as Rewards Network.

However, they have since re-used the name iDine for specficially (and only) the cashback version of the program.

For people who don't care about airline miles or hotel points, there is that cashback version. Most of us who dare about miles / points don't pay attention to the cashback program.

The cashback program called iDine is just another program in the Rewards Network collection, along with AAdvantage Dining, Mileage Plus Dining, etc.

There used to a BA dining but no more. So forget BA for dining.

AA, UA, US, and DL are about equivalent for dining bonuses in the long run, but some months one may have a better bonus than the other. Thus the reason that many of us prefer to have an account with each, with "placeholder" cards in each of them, and then move our "favorite" card between programs as either the bonuses change or our earning preferences change.

If you don't want to go that far, just pick whichever of those 4 airlines you'd like to add miles to slowly but steadily. As long you only have one credit/debit/gift card, you can only register in one of those.