FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best dining rewards program? ie which program should I register my cc with?
Old Apr 7, 2012, 11:42 am
Open Jaw

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
Originally Posted by manish
Hey

See alot of chatter in this forum about advantage dining, Idine, and rewards network.

As I understand you can only register one cc with one of the above, correct?

So which is the best and why?

Thanks
I would like to make one thing clear: Idine is the original name for what is now called Rewards Network or RN. There are several airlines that participate in the RN. Each airline calls its dining program a diferent name. For example, American Airlines is Aadavange Dining, Delta calls its program Skymiles Dining and USairways calls its dining program Dividend Miles Dining.

You can belong to as many dining Airline programs as you like, but you must keep at least one credit card on file for each airline at all times. For example, I belong to AA, DL and US dining programs. That means I must have 3 credit cards, one for each program. You can also use gift credit cards sold at stores as place holds for your dining programs, that way you can move your favorite credit card around from program to program. I do this with my favorite CC, especially when there are double point or mileage bonuses.

What you must do is decide what is your main airline and join that dining program through RN. People in ATL would most likely choose Delta because that's its main hub. I am currently in NY and can fly a number of airlines while in Dallas one would choose AA at DFW or Southwest (WN) for Love Field.

Last edited by Open Jaw; Apr 8, 2012 at 11:43 pm