FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Sued Over Management of Eden Roc Hotel
Old Apr 6, 2012, 8:23 am
fandresva

Programs: MR PLT, HH Blue, DL, CO, Avis Preferred, Hertz President Circle, National Emerald, IHG, Omni GLD
I stayed there a couple of years ago; they did a good job on the renovation. I did stay under the government rate of $107 per night but although infrequent is not outside the norm for Miami Hotels. I have stayed at the JW Marriott, JW Marriott Marquis, South Beach Marriott, Conrad Miami, Doubletree Surfcomber (When it was a doubletree) and a bunch more for the same price. I see it as a way to fill up rooms without having to dicount the rates for the general public. Being that aside from my government job I am also a consultant for a management company - that is exactly what I suggest to be done in order to maximize occupancy and revenue. What I think happened was that whenever the last renovation occurred the numbers that were presented to the group were different, they invested a lot of money renovating the resort, real estate market went belly up and their investment considerably depreciated in value, people had less money to spend therefore that $400 per night customer was very elusive and the rates had to be reduced to attain occupancy to a little over 200. Have in mind this hotel was also closed over a year fro renovations so I understand that this people has lost a ton of money Marriott's fault? not necessarly. In regards to the employee theft, I am sure that was replaced by the insurance as that is something my company has experienced.