FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - If you value your family's safety and pets please read
Old Apr 6, 2012, 2:18 am
Tizzette

Kipper, a lot of what you say I actually agree with. Many pet dogs of the agressive breeds are stable and trustworthy. I have known some fine ones, brave but kind natured, protective of children and dignified. Awesome. But those who are not are able to do terribly vicious damage because of their strength and powerful jaws. Many times it is not even the dogs' fault they wind up in a situation when the instinct to attack comes out. Maybe the owners are unaware or naive about this potential in their dog and do not take sufficient precautions. If you are managing a hotel, condos, or apartments, I believe it is unwise to take it upon yourself to be the judge of whether a particular individual dog of a known agressive breed is safe to allow on your premises. You can't control every circumstance where things might go bad, as this particular incident shows. I believe all the other tenants or hotel guests deserve for management to err on the side of their safety instead of taking a chance on an agressive breed of dog. It is not just my opinion, it affects insurance rates on rental properties.