FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What are the rules for non-rev upgrades?
View Single Post
Old Apr 5, 2012, 8:46 pm
fastair

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
Shares is not designed for 3 cabin aircraft, after all, when has anyone recenly flown on a 3 cabin CO plane? This can make the upgrade list difficult to understand as it may show double upgrades, which since they are not permitted, requires a skilled (not me yet) agent to correct this.

Sr managers do not trump anyone of any status. They come after revenue and before space available. On the other hand certain officers and BoD book into whatever cabin they need/want. There is no need for some to be on the ug list, as they book as revenue, with a revenue price tag (there are IRS implications to ual corp on this.). As to their "status", I'll let you guess what the senior officers of UA have for status.

My guess is the ug list display was "corrupt" due to the 3 cabin issue, with y people listed for a double ug.

Last edited by fastair; Apr 5, 2012 at 9:36 pm Reason: added word "recently" to reflect that CO has not had 3 cabin aircraft "recently"