FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting in Frankfurt [FRA] 2009-2023 (retired)
Old Apr 5, 2012, 3:20 pm
trouble_

Programs: BA GGL, LH SEN
I had an amusing connection in FRA this weekend. Flew in from NRT in F and had a tight(-ish) connection to BRU. I was duly met by a gentleman holding a sign with my name. Unfortunately his keycard failed to work and we spent ten minutes standing around a very empty corridor while he got it fixed.

I wasn't amused to learn that they've now put in a security theatre in addition to immigration stop. Why do they need to check bags again when you've just come out of a plane, and were accompanied by a supposedly trusted employee (despite dysfunctional keycard) ever since? I don't remember that being there last time either? I can (vaguely) grasp the need for security theatre when you've been allowed to mingle with other suspe---passengers and around shops selling dangerous knickknacks but on direct transfer it's just silly.

Admittedly, if I were that kind of person, I'd rather "damage" a cramped old 737 than a shiny new A380 but anything I were going to do the damage with would have been found before I boarded the A380.

FRA ... full of surprises!