FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Sued Over Management of Eden Roc Hotel
Old Apr 5, 2012, 9:17 am
LarkSFO

Originally Posted by Global_Hi_Flyer
Good luck getting $200/room night on Govt/Military rates. Especially in today's economy. And even more especially after the GSA Vegas incident.

USG per-deim hotel max for Miami Beach is between 105 and 152 a night depending on time of year.
$105 - $152 sounds about right. My tax dollars (through USG employees) should go to Holiday Inns, La Quintas, and Fairfields...

Eden Roc must have had much lower occupancy than expected if they have to accept USG rates to fill up rooms...

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
The people suing obviously didn't do their homework if they thought Renaissance was trendy.

I think I am actually the problem... I had a reservation at the Waikiki Edition, look what happened. (Marriott resolved this issue to my complete satisfaction, and we will be staying at the Waikiki Beach Resort instead.)

I have a reservation in May at this property, and look what happens...

I was eyeing these two properties (tell me they are trendy Sharon!), so probably just switch to one of them: Winter Haven or Blue Moon