FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Not implemented] Citi ThankYou Points To Be Transferable To BA, AA & Singapore Air
Old Apr 5, 2012, 7:10 am
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by waterbottle
Gonna have to agree with you partly.
I love Dan and I love how helpful he is, but sometimes I get the feeling that he's only about the referrals. (Like, he's only showing the links to the platinum with 25k bonus, but not the 50k bonus. Presumably because that's the one he gets the referral for. I don't really care that much because I know there is a better link out there, but it makes him seem like it's all about the $$$$)
You do seem a tad militant though- I definitely don't agree with the chip on your shoulder
BTW, how much do these bloggers make whenever someone receives a CC using their link?
1- its not only referrals for the CCs but every time he puts up a link eg Jos A Bank and screams how great of a deal it is he gets his $$ (JAB is 10% and more at times)

2- Sorry you think I have a chip on my shoulder but thats your right even if its not so

3- I Never said any other Blogger didnt make any $$ off their CC links , some dont. A few yrs ago when there were alot less of them they simply were hoping that if they got a few it would pay the expenses of running the site. Alot are still like that and not running it as a Biz. Take a look at TFG on the bottom is a Disclaimer that he earns $$ when you purchase or get things via his links, or simply clicks onto them.

But thats another site that I feel has changed for the worst $$ driven but alot less so then DD.And he donates the profits from the sale of his book to charity.

as for how much they make if I told you your hair would stick up straight, its not pennies , its a big biz