FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Do Not Disturb" - California
View Single Post
Old Apr 5, 2012, 1:13 am
storewanderer

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
"Do Not Disturb" - California

I am currently at a CA Choice Property. I routinely reject daily cleaning service due to incidents with my personal items left in the room being, how shall we say, reorganized, by cleaning staff. Not that this is necessarily a guarantee they will not enter the room when I am not at the hotel...

I checked into this hotel and noted to the desk that I did not wish to have daily service. I was advised to put the Do Not Disburb sign on the room door.

I returned to the room after the first day and noted my room was cleaned despite the DND sign left on my door. I went to the front desk and was advised this would not be an issue going forward and they would make a note.

The hotel honored the DND sign for the second day of my stay.

I just now received a letter from the hotel stating that they will clean rooms every other day left under my door in a bill-like fashion.

I have never experienced this before in the dozens of hotel stays I've had over the years. Most properties gladly honor a DND sign...

I don't know if we have a cleaning staff that is overly aggressive for tips or what.