FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Not implemented] Citi ThankYou Points To Be Transferable To BA, AA & Singapore Air
Old Apr 4, 2012, 9:33 pm
creditor

Programs: Avis Chm, LM Boomielatinum
Originally Posted by craz:18336630
Originally Posted by creditor
sorry. but I don't really understand why you guys are so what looks like 'jealous' on Mr meshugener ?
I think by now he's original post from a few weeks ago about the upcoming xfer option. has been verified already numerous times by many posters all over t there [including by me. and yes I actually do have a ty card]
now, he's recent post on ddf about the xfer already available. might be a little pre-timed but we will probably see it sooner then later.
still there is no reason to nail him on that as well as making fun of ddf. the guy still deserves an appreciation for bringing us this exciting insider information. eventhough we are all so curious and jealous
now, about happy's wondering on the motive of the preclaimed post. aren't we in the cc/points/mileage game where knowing info the sooner is the better ? for example, a friend of mine just made an AOR last week and thanks to the xfer leak, added citi TY card to he's list knowing that those points would eventually xfer to airlines. which makes people consider applying for those cards more seriously. and so the timeline plays an important role.
about 'craz' pointing out the philosophy behind posters on ddf. let me be honest I don't like that too much either. but that doesn't mean their knowledge as well as the useful stuff Dan himself comes up with. is to be taken for granted.
actually there is alot of how-to's and tricks of the trade we learned from him/them. he's stuff is spread all over w/o even giving them the credit on it. [ever heard of the term 3bm or changing the same exact card type from visa to mc or vv. and the list goes on]
so folks lets try to keep that discussion more focused and grown up
1- re:meshugner , sorry but it is his fault. A person should NEVER post something as if its written in stone unless they know 100% that its written is stone.Period or unless they specify exactly what took place had Mes done that no one would have assumed it was Live and UP and available

2- as for DD if you fall into his target group and dont want to spend your time viewing FW,SD,FT,MP Boarding Area then by reading DD you will see everything as thats basically where Dan gets his info from, most is not original but just reposting things he saw on another site I dont see why you are so concerned about giving him any credit how should it be HT;DD which found it on ? btw till a yr or so ago he Never gave credit to where found it

there is alot of very useful info if you fall into his main target group when traveling that FTs Religious Forum just doesnt compare to I give a ^ to him for that But theres alot more I dont care for attitude wise and is why I left that site awhile ago
1) you might be right that he should've been more specific. but STILL that doesn't mean he should be slamed for it. the info he originally posted about the xfer seems to be 100% accurate and it was very useful information. we should first give him tumbs up. before executing him on a little mistake he did. especially when no one here reported a bad outcome as a result of he's info. one of the poster's here not to mention her name. didn't even try calling in citi to ask them on it, as thetravelabstract said he did, she was just busy how bad he is for posting info w/o having a TY card

2) A. I actually do spend time reading FT,MP,TTG,FW,etc. but in the last couple of months I can recall about 5/6 very useful info on cc's/points that I saw on ddf, long before any other of those sites.
B. I wasn't CONCERNED about giving him credit. my point was, that there is no reason to dishonor him and his information while he has alot of his OWN info and very useful info
C. re: your point about ddf that people around there 'don't actually travel' and just 'get the bonus and sell it'.
let me understand. do you mr craz, travel that much ? your posts don't really give the impression of an expert/frequent traveler.
so if you decide to deposit your points or cash-back directly into your bank account. that's fine with me. but selling them for cash and then deposit it to the bank is just as fine.

3) I'm not so sure you have left ddf

3)