FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What's your pick in Kuala Lumpur?
View Single Post
Old Apr 4, 2012, 10:01 am
Kettering Northants QC

Programs: Virgin FC, Qantas, Golden Circle, Sofitel, Hyatt, Starwood, Nectar, and my Tesco Club Card
Originally Posted by joorinainen
Weighing my option for my next stay in KL. Last time i was in KL i enjoyed Traders Hotel very much and it would be my obvious choice also this time if they would have a decent pool with lots of sun.

Which hotel in KL has the best pool? How is the pool at Shangri La? Horizon Club worth the extra euros? Traveling myself and staying for 4nights.
Pool at KL-SL is ok, reasonable size IIRC. It has been spruced up a bit since I was last there.

Extra Cost for Horizon Club depends on what they're charging you.

Unlike say HK or Singapore, KL is not an expensive city and drinks in the hotel were reasonably priced (for a 5 star hotel). When I was last there a few years back the upgrade deal was good (£50 a night for a club suite, during very low occupancy) and they offered pour your own branded wine and spirits (standard brands, not premium brands). Things may be different now, the club lounge has certainly moved from being near the top of the hotel to down around the mezzanine floor, I believe - so the excellent views are no more.