FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Definitive B/E Upgrade Complaint Thread
Old Apr 3, 2012, 3:37 pm
bubbashow

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
+1. If I have a choice and prices are the same, I'll pick direct aisle access. But they're not, and it's not worth the high premium to me. YMMV.

I do love DL's 777, they're my favorite. But I much prefer UA's new J cabins (including their 777) to DL's 763, 747, and 330 J cabins today (not in the future).

And, although I think UA's 2-4-2 configuration in J was a mistake, I sat in one 4 weeks ago and had a surprisingly good sleep -- much better than I do on the sliders. Yes, your neighbors are close but lie flat is key for me.
To A LOT of us on here, time is the value. I live in DTW. I can be nonstop almost anywhere I want to be. If you have time in your business to fly all over the U.S. to snag a UA flight from a (mostly-atrocious) UA hub, go for it. When I go, I usually HAVE to go. Time is worth money. DL treats me well. DL doesn't want low fares in its front cabin. After years of complaining on FT, it stays the same. You will see SWUs become more-liberal when the frequent flyer program becomes more-restrictive.

Why can't people get it through their heads that DL doesn't want low fares up front on international? I for one am glad. They have ruined domestic F by letting everyone with any status get up front for free.