FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Who will be the next oneworld member? + New membership announcements [merged]
Old Apr 3, 2012, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalker688786
Suspended

Originally Posted by Kachjc
5) I believe the purchase of Hong Kong Airlines happened after the application blocked by CX.

Hainan applied for oneworld many times after 2007 so CX blocked them after 2007 not because they wanted Air China to come to oneworld as they have already chosen star ! but because they do not want a home based competitor in the same alliance!!

I doubt Air China will ever join oneworld or cathay join star alliance simple because its to expensive and customer base will change and so many passengers will have to remember that oh now british airways and cathay so not cooperate and so on .

Yeah oneworld really needs a Chinese carrier but CX really cannot do anything its up to the Chinese .

Also if KA is the only China operator it should make it stronger

Perhaps KA should codeshare with CA on internal flights to expand oneworlds network
if you follow up the news the CX CEO have been indicates many many times even recently that CX wish to bring CA into OneWorld and they will still try. The current CAAC boss Mr. Li is schedules to retire from the post soon and CX thinks it would be the chance. I think the end result would be a full merger between CX and CA on the condition of CA moves to OneWorld.

KA is useless as it doesn't not operate any domestic routes!