FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alexandre de Juniac unveils the main axes of the transformation of AF [merged]
Old Apr 3, 2012, 4:34 am
brunos
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
I know, I should have been more specific in my post. I was making my statement not out of surprise about this going on at AF but pointing out something that seems an oddity to anyone used to business environments that are about the prosperity and progress of firms, their shareholders and jobs at the firm and not about in the first place ensuring that nothing changes in the life of current employees. But we disgress, this isn't the topic here.

I also expect more strikes to come, which of course is making this entire transformation more difficult. Being under-capitalized (according to AF's auditor), going through a transformation, having a weak revenue basis and high costs is all just difficult enough to manage. Adding some strikes to it which will further undermine customer confidence and erode revenues isn't exactly helpful. Interesting times ahead.
Indeed. And like Stimpy, I believe that the only way to achieve anything is a "bold strike". Unions have no motivation to yield knowing that they will get government support in case of prolonged strikes. But simply "negotiating" will get AF nowhere as unions will hardly yield anything of substance. How long will be the new CEO tenure? Maybe a bankruptcy is the only way forward?