FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Who will be the next oneworld member? + New membership announcements [merged]
Old Apr 3, 2012, 3:36 am
Kachjc

5) I believe the purchase of Hong Kong Airlines happened after the application blocked by CX.

Sorry I do not understand that can you please explain-I seem to read that cx had the opportunity ti buy HX

Air China Joined star in 2007???

Hainan applied for oneworld many times after 2007 so CX blocked them after 2007 not because they wanted Air China to come to oneworld as they have already chosen star ! but because they do not want a home based competitor in the same alliance!!

I doubt Air China will ever join oneworld or cathay join star alliance simple because its to expensive and customer base will change and so many passengers will have to remember that oh now british airways and cathay so not cooperate and so on .

Yeah oneworld really needs a Chinese carrier but CX really cannot do anything its up to the Chinese .

Of the world three fastest growing economies- Oneworld dominates and will dominate more in south america and was going to In india so its not that bad

Also if KA is the only China operator it should make it stronger

Perhaps KA should codeshare with CA on internal flights to expand oneworlds network