FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Fairmont Royal Pavilion, Barbados
View Single Post
Old Apr 2, 2012, 2:35 pm
qbrain

Programs: AA EXP Hyatt Dia SPG Gold Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by 1stClassFamily
Read somewhere in this thread that this property does not provide suite upgrade using FPC suite upgrade certificate. Is this still the case? Do they have any suites?
Pavilions are excluded from the room upgrade suite upgrade certs.

There are 3 room types.

The villa is not on the beach and I believe there is only one. IMO there is no reason to stay in the villa and not have the view. The villa the only way to get a room with a full ocean view. When the moderate room is being sold, it is one of the 3 villa rooms.

The ocean front are on the second and third floors (American counting) and all have identical floor plans and views. The balconies all directly face the ocean, the only thing that might block your view is a palm tree and the balcony has a small table, 2 chairs and 2 loungers. Inside is a small table (dining height for 2 people) and two chairs.

The beach front rooms are on the first floor and have a semi private deck (private use, not secluded) with a table, 2 chairs and 2 loungers. Inside there is a small sitting area inside with a couch, a coffee table and two chairs. Other than that, I believe the oceanfront and beach front bed and bath areas are identical. The extra interior space is used for the sitting area. The decks are nice, and would be ideal is mobility was an issue, but they do not provide much in the way of privacy. The deck is about 2 feet above beach level, so if the curtains are not drawn and the lights are one, anyone on the beach can look right into the room. The deck does not provide any privacy from anyone on the beach.

I prefer privacy over space, so I actually prefer the ocean front rooms over the beach front.