FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Fairmont Royal Pavilion, Barbados
View Single Post
Old Apr 2, 2012, 1:57 pm
Ancien Maestro
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by qbrain
Yes, this would be good honeymoon destination.

I would not actually want the beach front room. The beach front room sits right on the beach, the problem being, everyone on the beach can look right in your room if the curtains aren't drawn... and it's his honeymoon so...

That said, do NOT book the Villas, they are not on the beach. The normal room is probably the best room IMHO, unless you need a large room. The view is spectacular.

Here is the view from the cheap rooms and you can see the ocean front room terrace below. The room are identical except for the large, no privacy, terrace. Apparently some of the rooms were converted into larger suites, but I did not see them, but I did see the Villas behind the main buildings, and they have a view of the gardens!

White umbrellas are on the beach front room terraces for the private use of that room, the blue ones are on the beach for all guests.
That's eerily similar to our view here at Fairmont Orchid in a one bedroom ocean front suite. Aloha.

I thought the Pavilion provided a junior suite for a suite cert there for awhile.. but that was post reno and for a short time. Best to check with concierge or the hotel.