FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - More 762 / 767-200 trouble on the JFK - SFO / LAX route (consolidated)
Old Apr 2, 2012, 12:05 pm
FWAAA
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aamilesslave
Further, I don't recall seeing any info about cabin sizes for the 773 (and I don't count the cabin photo mock-ups as evidence). I would be very interested in that if the info is out there.
The only source we have is one Flyertalker, sxf24, who posted that he/she has seen the seat maps and that the 77Ws will be configured with 8F and 52J (don't remember how many Y). That Flyertalker also posted (without any posted sources or links) that the extra-legroom Y would be 3-3-3 and that the really lousy economy section would be 3-4-3.

AA has not released any info beyond the photos that came out around the time of the OW Mega-do.

Since the pilots will probably not get the two F seats in their new contract (the 77Ws have the overhead crew rest pod with bunks and F seats), it would make sense for AA to reduce the F cabin to 12 (slight reduction from the current 14 available for sale on very long flights). A reduction to eight seems extreme, but there are plenty of Flyertalkers who purport to know that AA's F cabins are too large.