FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Whole Body Scanners Opt Out Stories [merged]
Old Apr 1, 2012, 10:04 pm
Michael El

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
Originally Posted by reamworks
I said, very politely, that I want to be hand searched, and I want to be able to see my belongings at all time. The TSO at the scanner said "I can't do that."

I asked that he call over his supervisor and a LEO. He got the supervisor, but no LEO.

The TSA's OWN WEBSITE says "Always Watch your Belongings" and "Insist Your Belongings be Brought With You" for secondary screening. I was merely trying to be a Good Citizen and follow the instructions on their own website.

The Supervisor complied with my request. I filled out a complaint card against the original TSO who said he couldn't permit me to follow the instructions on the TSA website.
What I do is stand where I can see my belongings. When the clerks ask me to move I simply tell them I'm standing where I can see my stuff on the other side of the x-ray machine. When they continue to badger me to move I simply repeat that I am going to stand where I can see my belongings on the other side of the x-ray machine. I repeat as necessary until the groper arrives.