FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Naming names and the impact it has on the FT community
Old Sep 23, 2003, 12:43 pm
mymiles2go

Randy, I don't often comment in this forum. But this is a serious issue that needs to be looked at. I believe someone needs to serious develop a policy about posting ANYONES personal information (that includes their real name) without that person written (e-mail is fine) permission. We cannot have a community that must fear retaliation for either helping customers (in the case of airline/hotel employees) or circumstances where general members themselves are targeted (which has occurred in the past) for simply expressing their opinions.

Regardless of where one stands on the issue of airline/hotel/etc employees communicating via this forum unofficially - the issue of posting ones real name and/or any associated details needs to be looked at. In many cases having such details on the internet can seriously impair ones personal & professional lives. I am absolutely sure that is not the point of Fltyertalk. You yourself said slightly over an hour ago that some members needed to focus on the “best of FlyerTalk topics that are about miles and points”. There is ZERO that anything about posting one’s real name in a public forum has to do with miles and points. 99.9999% of all issues raised in the forums are solved without EVER mentioning one’s real name.

Thanks