FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Got letter in mail saying no longer Presidents Club
Old Apr 1, 2012, 5:28 pm
WIRunner
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by sdsearch
It's not rrelevant. Go visit the UA forum and sample some of the activity there. There's now talk of extra sweeps to happen April 1 or April 15 or whever to fix weeks-old posting problems. There's endless threads about this not working and that not working.

The points is, lots of things related to the UA/CO merger are temporarily broken. Maybe they shouldn't be, but it's basically a UA/CO merger issue as I see it.

It'll presumably get sorted out eventually, but just as I have to wait weeks or months extra for my UA miles to show up during this phase, people who have Avis Chairman solely through this card may have to wiat until this part of the UA/CO merger mess (and the adjoining related mess at Chase) is sorted out.

I suspect it's a timing glitch. Some people's info is getting to Avis in onder (new card benefits updated before old card benefits lost), but other people's info is getting to Avis out of order (old card benefits lost before new card benefits updated).
I think that it would have more to do with Chase than UA. Since the middleman is essentially Chase since they are the issuer for the card. The current mess for flights and flights posting to the loyalty programme honestly hasn't affected a whole lot. (it is annoying beyond belief, and a bit of a nightmare for things on UA's side). But the fact that this happening would have no effect on Avis.