FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trump Waikiki Vs. Hyatt Regency Waikiki
View Single Post
Old Apr 1, 2012, 3:32 pm
Ancien Maestro
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jtrader
I've stayed at most of the other hotels you mention (and then some) and am familiar with all of them. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I would agree that the pool is not great. Personally, I think the view from the Trump is much better from many of the ocean facing rooms than many rooms at the other hotels you cite. It really depends what is important to you for your stay in Waikiki. For many people visiting Honolulu, the luxury, service, and quality of the rooms at Trump would far outweigh the relative deficiencies, especially if they were spending additional time at resorts on other islands. There is no doubt in my mind that the possible availability of 1 BR suites at rates Ancien Maestro has been able to obtain is a tremendous value, unlikely to be equaled at any of the other properties.
Well said, the value was a definite factor. Also a factor is the VRBO by unit owners.. drives costs down, but the service is excellent and uncompomised.

Having said all that, we were in Oahu for a very short stay, and didn't have time to pool it, or beach it.. We are doing that at the Fairmont Orchid for 10 nights in an Ocean Front Suite, and Kea Lani in a one bedroom suite. We were constantly on the go go go in Oahu, and Trump was perfect for that.. but the other aspects of our vacation is balanced off, so everyone needs to evaluate how their vacation is working out.

if we are staying a week or more on Oahu, I would probably split it off with Trump in Waikiki where the action is, and Ko olina Villas or Disney Aulani for Beach time.