FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trump Waikiki Vs. Hyatt Regency Waikiki
View Single Post
Old Mar 31, 2012, 6:55 pm
JeremyS1973

Programs: AA, HA, UA, DL, HH, SPG, Kimpton, Fairmont, New Otani, I Prefer
Originally Posted by spizzy
Obviously the underlying theme (or no so underlying theme) I'm taking here from your post is that you had a bad experience at the Trump and fair enough if so, but that does not seem to be the general consensus for others whom have stayed there. *IMO*.
How many of the people who stayed at the Trump have stayed at any other hotel in Waikiki?

Nothing will change the negatives of the Trump that I outlined. It will always have a bad pool and bad pool area, two different things by the by, you could have a great pool in bad pool (like too much shade) or a bad pool (too small, etc) in a great pool area (big deck, lots of chairs, great sunshine, etc). The Trump has both, bad pool, bad pool area. It will never be on the beach, it will always look over the Outrigger Reef, Halekulani, Sheraton, etc from its "oceanfront" rooms (how can you be ocean front a block from the beach?).

It can fix the WiFi, they could get rid of the sterile NYC feel in the lobby and rooms, they could enlarge the tiny gym, but somehow I suspect most of that won't change.