FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trump Waikiki Vs. Hyatt Regency Waikiki
View Single Post
Old Mar 31, 2012, 6:03 pm
spizzy

Programs: QFF, Krisflyer
Originally Posted by JeremyS1973
No, it has everything to do with the hotel as to how Hawaiian it feels.
Different strokes for different folks.

The Trump can't hold a candle to Halekulani on any level.
Biased much? When and if the Halekulani ever completes the refurbishment of their tired rooms (and I don't just mean a new splash of paint on the wall) then I will use them.

The Trump has a bad pool and bad pool area,
That is a bit of hyperbole. Yes it is a limited pool and is more for the business person, then a full on huge resort pool, but to call it bad and then bad again is well...

it isn't on the ocean,
Yes you are correct there, and if being a block back from the ocean matters for you then you take that into account. But you know full well before you get there if you research the hotel where it is located.

you have to look over the top of two or three other hotels for your view,
Again an incorrect blanket statement. Stay on floors 23 or above and you are taller than the surrounding buildings and have an unobstructed view of the ocean (going by all the photos from peoples actual rooms and reviews on TA).

the atmosphere is terribly sterile and un-Hawaiian, my WiFi never worked in my room at the Trump.
Your personal opinion on the atmosphere, but the Wifi never working I would agree with you there if you had an issue that it might impact on your stay if you relied on that.

I would take Halekulani, Moana Surfrider, Royal Hawaiian, Hyatt Regency, Outrigger Reef and the Ali'i Tower at HHV before I'd ever go back the Trump. If I wanted a condo in Waikiki the Grand Waikikian would be my first pick.
Obviously the underlying theme (or no so underlying theme) I'm taking here from your post is that you had a bad experience at the Trump and fair enough if so, but that does not seem to be the general consensus for others whom have stayed there. *IMO*.

Last edited by spizzy; Mar 31, 2012 at 6:10 pm