FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ways to avoid catching colds while flying...?
Old Mar 31, 2012, 8:12 am
EqualOpp

Programs: whatever it takes
Originally Posted by emma69
Skin, as I acknoweldged, is exposed to UV (hence the acne example). UV light does not penetrate through all the layers of skin, muscle, bones and other tissue into e.g. the lungs to kill the bacteria as it would e.g. on a petri dish exposed to UV. Eyes are especially sensitive to UV which is why eye protection should be worn - but UV absorbed by the eye cells doesn't make it's way through the body to the respiratory tract etc.

Zinc, Titanium etc. are physical barriers of the metal particals, if you wrapped aluminium foil around the arm it would have a not disimmilar effect. Zinc used as a barrier on the outside doesn't really relate to the zinc within our bodies. The zinc within our bodies isn't anywhere near the concentration / partical size of sunscreen.

Zinc, iron, etc. are all essentiall to our make up - neither too much nor too little are good for it (hence RDAs etc).

Wearing lighter coloured clothes will reflect some of the sunlight, so yes, they are an excellent way of reducing the amount of UV.

UV travels right through normal windows - it is rare for windows to have full UV coating (my home does, and it cost quite a bit more than regular glass).

I wish I had read your post yesterday when I was sitting in a waiting room full of people with skin cancers, and show it to my dermatologist - he would have laughed his socks off at the idea that diet is enough to stop fair skinned folk here from burning in in strong summer sun.
Learning about the VIBRATION of particles would be helpful....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8279549.stm

"The paint contains an *aluminium-iron oxide* which RESONATES at the same FREQUENCY as wi-fi - or other radio waves - meaning the airborne data is absorbed and blocked."

Light is just another form of EMF...

---
Wearing lighter colored / (Or perhaps lighter fabric is even more accurate) -- clothes / more transparent DOES allows more light in. Look through a shirt - inside-out - ......what does one see? Stick your eyes up to the fabric...

----

Iron is used to transport oxygen in the blood...our oxygen needs depend on on what we eat. DIEgestion is a very intensive process (Did I just write DIE? Oh never mind -- continue with your DIE-t while you eat DInner at a DIner.)

Notice how when we eat certain kinds of meals we get sleepy.....certain foods tax our body more than others. For example - meats/carbs more than fruits & veggies (Which are higher in water content)

More "heavy" foods we need more oxygen (Gasping for breath is one symptom)...this also explains anemia. Thus our diet plays a role in how much iron we need as well.

You trust the food pyramid / RDAs they list? Guess some have missed how industry has bought off pretty much all govt institutions...

** Check out videos - Forks over Knives and The Beautiful Truth (Both about cancer / chronic illnesses n diet/environmental exposure) and DVD Exploring the Spectrum, also a book Health & Light by John Ott.

We live in a world we think we need "more and more to protect ourselves against nature - elements, animals, etc...." We've "fallen" a long way.
Because we have been focusing on an external ENEMY, not the INeME.
Few people even read food labels...and understand how those chemicals affect us individually. Instead we rush off to fancy-titled doctors....with even fancier titled medications.

Explosion of pharmaceutical drugs, antibacterial soap, anti-UV clothes, SPF 1 million sunscreen, topical ointments with steroids, more tools/gadgets. Soon, we'll be proven wrong, but FT is not the place to debate this.

I could provide more weblinks and videos about light, but I guess if you haven't googled it yourself - search terms noted earlier...well you're probably not that interested, so I'll leave it at that.

...For if I write any more I would be trying to CONvince you/someone else...and well, we have enough CON (wo)men in this world...just turn on the TV with all those commercials or open a magazine with all the adverts for drugs/sunscreens/sunglasses, food that is "good" for us / makes us happy - when in fact the post-dopamine effect is quite the opposite, etc...

Last edited by EqualOpp; Mar 31, 2012 at 8:21 am