FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Post your recent opup as FTL/SEN/HON [08/2011 -]
Old Mar 31, 2012, 2:21 am
SuperFlyBoy

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
LH seems to be doing a lot of this now - happened to me, but before I arrived at the airport - saw my seat allocation removed, then when I checked in physically, they said that they had some no-shows, so back to Y!

Originally Posted by olm022
Nope, it is not a joke... When the BP beeped, I was thinking "Aha, they do need volunteers for denied boarding, lovely..." and instead - such a slam on the face... Well, Austrian Airlines already has an email in their mail box. Those 90 minutes in the air from FCO to VIE let me do some typing :=-)
Originally Posted by MichalFKowalik
... I hope it's All Fools Day post, right? it is so ***** cheap.
I would have asked right away about a compensation for involuntary downgrade.
mfk
Originally Posted by olm022
FCO-VIE T-->C (and then back to M). The flight was overbooked by 5 people in economy. Upon check-in, I was given a new boarding pass with a lovely fat big C letter on it. When boarding, the machine made beep sound and voila - a new boarding pass with my original seat in economy. The agent explained that there were 10 no show-ups who had checked in (I assume, they had done OLCI) and they did not need to upgrade me any more. When she finally understood why I was "downgraded," she actually said "Well, I am very ashamed to tell you, but Austrian decided to withdraw your upgrade..."