FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Skymiles Change Rumor?
View Single Post
Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:18 am
Deadtail
Suspended

Programs: DM
Originally Posted by dcline414
Deadtail, I'm with you in reading about the rumors with a grain of salt. But if multiple sources have posted that the announcement is behind schedule, I agree that it is pointless to keep a countdown running.

I think the rumor has only gotten as much attention and discussion as it has because we all know that it is believable and realistic, and probably eventually inevitable.

Most people on this thread would probably be happy to just know what the upcoming changes are and have time to reevaluate their travel decisions and still qualify for elite status on another airline if they so choose.

You discrediting this rumor doesn't make me think that the changes aren't coming in the future, whether or not any of us like them. And I expect they will be the industry norm within 2-3 years if any of the legacy airlines actually do move in this direction.
Simply, my point is that all these supposed insiders don't know a thing, but instead are just feeding a thread that is really nothing but fictional entertainment. Are changes coming...sure, they always do. I would venture to guess that Delta doesn't know the final product until just before they release it.