FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated]
Old Mar 29, 2012, 5:37 pm
ai03mj23

Newbie business owner and future traveler

Hey everyone,

I have been engrossed in the forum for a couple days now and I have a couple questions on getting started.

New business (sole proprietorship) starting on April 1st, expenses won't be high (maybe $400 a month).

Personally I spend around $600-$1200 per month on my own card. So far, I only have a AMEX Blue that I have had for 7-8 years. I also had a Southwest Visa registered in my name for my old company, and I still have that card today.

Current plan:

Was hoping for a Business card with a decent bonus and no annual fee since my spend will be so low. Plan on putting all business expenses on this card.

Personal:

Was thinking of getting a Sapphire Preffered under the current 50k bonus and possibly also applying for the UA 50(60)k bonus. I would use the Sapphire as my personal card until reaching the 3k required, then move personal expenditures to a different card.

Credit score is 750+.

Any opinions on whether I'm going about this right and especially any suggestions on a business card with a decent bonus and no annual fee would be awesome. Also, I guess it doesn't necessarily have to be a business card, but I would like to keep my business expenses separate from personal.

Thanks so such, even if no one responds I have learned a ton already!