FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trump Waikiki Vs. Hyatt Regency Waikiki
View Single Post
Old Mar 27, 2012, 3:20 pm
Ancien Maestro
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by JeremyS1973
Why do you keep comparing the Trump to a Fairmont when there is no Fairmont on Oahu. Compare it to what the concierge at Halekulani, Kahala, Ali'i Tower and Royal Hawaiian?

If the Fairmonts are as bad as you make them sound on Hawaii and Maui, why aren't you at the Ritz, Four Seasons, Manua Lani or Mauna Kea?
I'm accustomed to Fairmonts as we've stayed 30 plus nights at least for the past 8 years at Fairmonts.. Last couple of years its been 50+ nights.. so I'm accustomed to the excellent benefits and service that Fairmont provides.

You're right in Oahu, there is no Fairmont, so I chose accomodations at the Trump, and have to say they've been no less than outstanding. There is no comparison to the other hotels you mentioned, because I want a one bedroom suite with an ocean view, for a certain price. I'm not willing to pay full pop to get the experience you say its there, and I have no doubt that those hotels have better intangibles, but you're also paying for it.

Don't get me wrong, Fairmont is an excellent product and I'm truly sold on it.. If I go to Ritz, Four Seasons, and others you have mentioned, I don't get the benefits that I receive at Fairmont. Plus its pretty easy to qualify for their elite levels, so in the long term if I don't stay 30+ nights, I can still enjoy the benefits.

Back to the Trump.. It is truly outstanding value imho..

My wife and kids tried the breakfast buffet at Trump this morning. An excellent spread. $32 per adult, $16 per child.