FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CO/UA Million Mile (and Beyond) Flyer Benefits, Effective Spring 2012
Old Mar 26, 2012, 9:17 pm
UrbaneGent

Programs: *A Junkie, SQ PPS, Skywards Gold, 2 Million Mile Flyer;*wood LT Plat, BA MM
Originally Posted by dan1431
I do understand the displeasure, it is rational and it does make sense, but here is my point, we can debate this till the cows come home, but nothing is going to change, unless UNITED wants to make a change.

UNITED has made their decision, determined what they perceive to be best for the company and are going forward with that plan.

I am not thrilled with many of the changes (read downgrades) but without sitting in on the meetings at UA HQ where this stuff is discussed and without knowing how each decision is affecting their bottom line (posting here that "my friends are leaving UA and taking our $$$$$ with us, does give us [FTers] an idea of your displeasure but not the entire UA pax base) we cannot understand the whys and wherewithal for their decisions and their choice to either stand their ground or backtrack.

IMHO, it is as simple as that, to be clear, I am not excusing their decisions, I am just being as rational as I can be.

Dan
You are being very rational, Dan, and I think most of us here have been as well. I personally feel the new United should follow through with their word - especially when Monsieur Smisek mentions how important someone's word is on the intro video before takeoff.

The key is to keep it moving along and making sure we speak with our words and our actions. Most of $70k worth of travel for 2012 has been moved to British Airways, American (for the first time since 1988!), LAN, Emirates, and SQ. Add me to the pot of others and it adds up very quickly. Now whether it matters to corporate is another thing.

I just wonder if United even cares anymore. It's like we are dealing with Olympic Airways or Alitalia (laughing)....

UG

Originally Posted by ozstamps
Correct.

I shook my head with disbelief when I got the lavish hard box this year with all the "wonderful" MM bennies and looked at a friends paper envelope as a mere 1K.

They had made a huge effort and a great deal of expense this year over MM Status, when in fact it was diluted heavily.

If the Board saw that box, and read what those who got it think of the "New UA" they'd be pretty annoyed I think.

200,000 page views of just this thread alone is incredibly BAD for business. And gets worse each week.

In tough market conditions p!ssing off some of your VERY best long time clients all over a couple of lousy CR1s is just insane.

We were promised 2 x CR1s "for life" and I want that written promise of only a few months back honoured.

IE's were given '1K For Life" for often medium level flying decades back, and real heavy flying existing Elites have been dumped on. Makes zero business sense.

Any Harvard Business School Professor can tell them that for free.

I don't think they are listening to anyone right now, including their customers. It's the new business model - cash is king.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Mar 26, 2012 at 9:58 pm Reason: merge