FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New [delayed] destination: Arcata-Eureka, Humboldt County, California (ACV)
Old Mar 26, 2012, 12:40 am
ThunderJon

Programs: AA EXP, Citi AA Elite, HH GLD, Grand Wailea Elite
I presume they wanted to avoid storing any jets there. I don't know the area at all, will most likely never go there, but the schedule seems to go against any reasonable human/commerce patterns I could imagine.

Anyone know if there is some sort of noise abatement that prevented AA from leaving ACV earlier?

Originally Posted by ACVFlyer
AA 3056 LAXACV 0750 0945
AA 3063 ACVLAX 1015 1220

AA 3072 LAXACV 1655 1850
AA 3055 ACVLAX 1920 2125

That is not a very well thought out schedule. Too bad schedulers do not understand human behavior and travel preferences. AA should have RON'ed in ACV.

The first southbound flight should leave ACV at 6am and arrive in LAX around 7:30am. That allows for optimal connections east of the Rockies. A 12:20pm arrival in LAX is too late to get the last flights of the day towards many east coast destinations.

The only flight to EWR leaves LAX at 8am and the EWR-LAX flight arrives in LA at 8:40pm which is 3 hours too late to connect to the last flight to ACV. DL's busiest flights between ACV and SLC were the late evening westbound and first thing in the morning eastbound. Midday loads were half full.

AA's evening flights will be fine since they will be full of people from SoCal traveling to/from Humboldt with a few additional connecting pax. You can work a full day then fly north/south after hours. My guess is that 3056/3063 will have a 60-75% load factor and 3072/3055 will be full on most days.