FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UAL unconfirmed Rumor 737-800s to Hawaii
View Single Post
Old Mar 25, 2012, 10:36 pm
LIH Prem

Originally Posted by lensman
On the other hand, nevermind. I suspect I am falling into a trap by responding, as I will just serve to further derail the conversation.
the context of the post you reacted to was a response to another post comparing PMUA 763 vs the 738.

Originally Posted by lensman
2. I agree that the sCO coach seat was uncomfortable. I don't think we need to bring it up in the context of flying 737-800s from the West Coast to Hawaii, as the sCO 764 has these same uncomfortable seats, right?
It's exactly the issue that matters to me and I think it's exactly on topic in this thread. For the most part, the 764s are not used on west coast to hawaii. (IIRC, there was one late departing SFO-HNL 764 at one point, not sure if it's still flying or not.) edited to add: there's now mention of another one flying LAX-HNL in another thread.

At some point it comes down to blind loyalty vs 100 things that when added up make you question that. That is if it's not one single thing that makes you question it.

And I do think the bathroom ratio will be important too. that's 2 lavs for all of coach, 138 pax in the new 738 E+ config on a 6 hour flight? Is that correct?

How's it working out on a full 738 in Y on EWR-SFO in the same configuration? Do you find that to be an enjoyable flight, something you would choose to take, given a choice?

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Mar 25, 2012 at 11:05 pm