FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Skymiles Change Rumor?
View Single Post
Old Mar 25, 2012, 6:32 pm
GYEWorldTraveler

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pitbulllover
HVC on AA is Concierge Key, not AAirpass - that is a whole other program.

Fact: Most companies are now focused on targeting, acquiring and retaining those customers that add most to the bottom line, not necessarily volume. That is above and beyond the airline industry.

Fact: Those that are truly HVC (think beyond Medallion status) on DL rarely invoke most of the advertised benefits of Medallion status (SWU usage, comp. upgraded, free bags, etc.). It makes sense to add a level that recognizes and adds true benefits to these people.

Most of the people on this thread that are complaining are likely those that are already complaining of bloated elite ranks. I don't get that, but that is a whole other thread to begin with.

Many current 'elites' are NOT profitable to Delta. They pay for subsidized tickets (LUT) and demand all the benefits. The former may add to revenue, but the latter further takes away from the bottom line. I'm not sure why that is so hard to admit and/or comprehend.
^ At least there are a few on FT that think like this We must be a minority though. The general feeling I get from reading many threads and posts here is that the majority want to pay the least and get the most --- and I have no problem with that at all. I just think that its important to see both sides....at the end of the day though DL has to do what they feel is right for business....which many times may not be right or good for a certain population of customers/passengers