FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Skymiles Change Rumor?
View Single Post
Old Mar 25, 2012, 5:14 pm
mother-

Programs: DL Diamond Ham Sandwich
Originally Posted by GYEWorldTraveler
It takes no creativity to do what I just posted. LAX-ATL-JNB rt will give you over 20k RDMs plus the 125% DM bonus gives you over 45k. I'm sure some FTer could figure out a way to construct a wacky itinerary from LAX-JNB that would give a DM well over 50k RDMs but its a long enough trip as it is flying the normal one stop routing. And I would argue there is such thing as too rewarding. Giving away a free domestic F ticket for paying a $1000 rt LAX-JNB coach ticket definitely borders that for me. When DL has the double and triple mile promos you can sometimes find a flight for $600-800 internationally and walk away with 100k miles (i know they may be hard to find but do exist) which can in turn be used for a BE ticket internationally....that to me is too rewarding. But YMMV
But that's pretty rediculous, isn't it?
-First off the fares all seem to be $1500-2200, not $1000-1500, for non-ref Y.
-One way itineraries range from 22-45hrs
-Round trip BIS time is at a minimum 45hrs

From 5pm Friday through noon Sunday you spend all but 6hrs in a coach seat.

What diamond has the time and desire to do that with a weekend? I really don't think Delta is too worried about that situation.

As to the 2x 3x miles promos, and in fact the 125% Diamond RDM bonus- nobody makes Delta do that. I'd be far happier having a smaller RDM bonus and no stupid promos in exchange for always being able to grab low mileage awards...