FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 250 (HP/SS) / 500 (FS) Point bonus if Diamond Amenity Does Not Post Automatically
Old Mar 25, 2012, 3:17 pm
cottonpatch

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by hattrick17
Has anyone been denied the 50% bonus in circumstances whereby the Diamond Amenity did not post?

I just got off the phone with Diamond CS about missing 500 bonus points for stay at Hyatt Main Street Station in Breckenridge (Diamond members get 500 bonus points as the diamond amenity). The agent quickly added the 500 bonus points. I then asked her about the 50% bonus due to the fact I had to call. The agent said she had never heard of such a policy .

I would hope Hyatt would educate all of their agents on this policy. I felt like an idiot for asking as the agent likely thought I'm trying to scam her for an extra 250 points .
The agents do need to be reminded that you get a bonus on the bonus if the points aren't posted correctly. They don't mind a gentle suggestion. You are not "scamming" them for the points but getting a benefit that you are entitled to since you had to make the effort and get the points that should've been applied correctly in the first place. I'm running at a failure rate of about 20% on the year and the times that I've called to get the amenity points posted there was never any problem or hesitation (other than for "hold" time to go and find out about the extra points).

To answer you're question, I've never been denied the bonus points when asking for the amenity points.