FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - oneworld / AA Explorer award with AA Miles (discuss, questions) [ENDED 8 APR 2014]
Old Mar 9, 2012, 1:33 am
wijibintheair

Programs: BAEC Silver
Like FlyerMC I am also caught up in the IB issue from JNB. Slightly different scenario though in that I am already half way through a 50,000 mile J ticket. Have completed:CPT-JNB - HKG - PNH - HKG - YYZ - JFK - MAD - JNB and am currently in South Africa. In September I was due to continue with JNB - MAD - SJO - MIA/JFK - HEL - JNB - CPT

LIke FlyerMC using all 16 available sectors. Will be interesting to see if they now allow 18 or so sectors by rerouting through LHR. And hopefully will have no fights over the ridiculous BA/LHR surcharges and taxes.

In a statement released in SA yesterday they were saying that all IB pax would be reprotected on BA. AA have said I need to wait 3 working days and they will have the new details for me.

So all well and good if they do reprotected onto BA. But any idea now what happens if I want to change dates at a later stage? Will they then hit me with BA surcharges?