FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - oneworld / AA Explorer award with AA Miles (discuss, questions) [ENDED 8 APR 2014]
Old Mar 9, 2012, 1:11 am
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jwerking
After booking what was available on my first OW ticket to return from AKL- HKG-JFK -DCA on January 2 - I have been waiting for the new CX award system to become operational so I could re-book my return to about 2 weeks later when I want to return - so we have max time in NZ. Of course, while I have no problem with CX availability for mid-January 2013 - no AA award seats have been released for last leg from JFK-DCA. The only way I got this leg originally was to make a special request and the AA fairies granted the award seats - allowing me to book the OW ticket. I once again asked the agent to place a special request for award seats for this same flight about 2 weeks later thru an appeal. Unfortunately, it was denied.

Any suggestions on how to proceed? Would speaking to a supervisor help ? I would love to get my dates settled as I want to start making reservations for accomodations.

Thanks

Joyce
Based on my experience, an appeal is the final resort - if it is denied, it is final.

Given that yield management has released a seat for you once, and you have no status with AA, chance of getting an exception again is not good.