FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - oneworld / AA Explorer award with AA Miles (discuss, questions) [ENDED 8 APR 2014]
Old Feb 29, 2012, 3:03 pm
thegent

Question about award space availability

This may not be the correct thread for this, but it relates to a oneworld award I've previously discussed and gotten great help on in this thread.

As mentioned earlier, I booked a oneworld award in business class, but had to accept a some of downgrades to coach due to lack of availability on QF.

Two of the legs I was able to "fix" by watching for availability, then calling AA and asking to be re-upgraded back to business. But, on a couple of the legs, there was never award availability listed by QF. AA said to keep checking back, but evidently QF may never make these seats available, even if they don't sell for revenue.

The QF gate agents said that they couldn't upgrade us even though there was availability, due to a strict quota on reward space.

My question is, should I have approached this differently than I did? I wasn't successful at all, despite the seats being physically available. My only thought was that if I had been more persuasive, I could have had an AA agent call over to the Quantas liaison and ask that available seats be freed up for award space. Thanks!