FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - oneworld / AA Explorer award with AA Miles (discuss, questions) [ENDED 8 APR 2014]
Old Feb 17, 2012, 4:52 pm
HoKo

Programs: UA, AA, SPG, HH
I just got off the phone with AA and they are currently unable to book any seats on CX flights due to a system migration error at CX. They are working to resolve the issue but do not have a timetable as of yet. Due to this they were unable to book my OW award.

I asked for a hold on my IAD-LAX-HNL-HND-GMP segments until CX gets their act together but plat agent tried to tell me 24hr hold is max. She didn't give a sh*t and had no interest in working with me so I got a supervisor on the phone who was very helpful. She ticketed me for the existing segments (booked as separate one way awards or something like that) and put a waiver in the notes for miles redeposit fee. Once CX is back up I can apparently shift my existing segments/seats to a OW award and add on the CX segments that I need.

She was confident this would work and seemed pretty competent but I'm pretty worried...especially since my trip commences on the 25th. Let's hope CX gets their act together over the weekend.

I will be calling back twice daily to see if the issue is fixed in the coming days. I will post an update here once it has been resolved and would appreciate anyone else doing the same if you find out before I do.