FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - oneworld / AA Explorer award with AA Miles (discuss, questions) [ENDED 8 APR 2014]
Old Feb 17, 2012, 6:21 am
aktchi

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by HoKo
If I put a 16 segment award on hold and then have some date changes I need to make to 1 or 2 of the legs (before the hold has expired) will this require releasing all 16 segments and rebooking or can I just tweak a segment at a time and retain all the other seats I have on hold?
You can make date changes to individual legs not only during the hold but also after ticketing.

The most convenient use of hold, besides deciding if you want to take the trip at all, is to tweak your itinerary, ie, change airports and airlines. During the hold, you can do it leg by leg. After ticketing, you cannot do it at all.

On the last day of the hold, you should call and ask if they can extend the hold. This requires entire itinerary to be available outside your own reservation. If it is, and often that is the case, you can start a new hold. If not, you have to decide whether to ticket that day or let go.