FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - oneworld / AA Explorer award with AA Miles (discuss, questions) [ENDED 8 APR 2014]
Old Feb 12, 2012, 9:10 pm
Jwerking

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum - 2M miles
Originally Posted by guv1976
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

From Austinrunner's OP:

"Stopover is defined as more than 4 hours for domestic flights, and 6 hours for international flights. If there are no scheduled flights within this timeframe, regardless of availability, you must take the next scheduled flight but may not exceed 24 hours. If the connection exceeds 24 hours, it will be considered a stopover."

So you should be OK if you take the first scheduled JFK-DCA flight on January 3, but probably not the second.
Okay, so I booked my OW ticket this Saturday and got an email to contact them this evening. You were correct that I had to take the first flight out of JFK to DCA at 8:10 am instead of the second flight which I was scheduled on at 10:55 am. I called AA twice before to ask if this was allowed and they said no problem - what a bummer. Anyway, they placed a special request in for first flight - so let's hope it is approved.

I was almost there - but not quite.

Could someone please check CP availibility for HKG to ORD in coach for 2 people for any day after Jan 2. I am willing to layover in HKG for a few days and then end up in ORD to go visit my daughter in MKE and just pay my own way back to DCA.

Thanks

Joyce