FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CO/UA Million Mile (and Beyond) Flyer Benefits, Effective Spring 2012
Old Mar 24, 2012, 8:30 pm
UrbaneGent

Programs: *A Junkie, SQ PPS, Skywards Gold, 2 Million Mile Flyer;*wood LT Plat, BA MM
Originally Posted by Baze
Yes, UA keeps the balance of miles on their balance sheet. If they are not a bonus and have value why doesn't every kettle that is not a member of MP raise a stink that they are paying for something they are not getting and may not want. They are not given a choice to not receive FF miles and get a discount on their ticket. The price a non member pays for a ticket is exactly the same as a member who receives miles for the same fare basis at the time of ticketing. Even some hotel chains give their guests who would receive a "free" newspaper the opportunity to not receive the newspaper and get about 50 cents off your daily rate.
Excellent point, Baze, which then poses the question about some fares (99.9% of which are the cheapest) which can't be posted your FF account. Or if I decide I don't want the meal or check in luggage....of which is all a la carte now. Of course I see what you are saying - (somewhat off topic: I remember wanting to get my Hertz car rental posted to my UA account and they wanted an additional fee for the miles....)

Originally Posted by xFF
I will preface this with exactly the same thought.

In truth, while I do believe that what I held in my post is true, I would not even addressed it, except that I became a bit annoyed by the continuing ad hominem flaming of the poster making the original "gift" vs "contract" nature of the programs.

That poster (who, BTW, does write with the point of view of a lawyer, even if his posts sometimes appear to be written from some new-fangled x-pad/pod from a Starbuck's without the benefit of keyboard, spell checking, or the ability to review the whole post) provides some inconvenient points of view.

When the comments crossed from addressing form to addressing substance -I believe, incorrectly- with the same tone, I was moved to reply.

I hope those who feel passionately about this issue will take note of your posts. Even while few on this thread are as passionate or proactive as you have been, your posts never contradict your FT handle.
Said poster doesn't even know it's him (I notice I misspelled "by" in the sentence you reposted).

Last edited by iluv2fly; Mar 25, 2012 at 9:32 am Reason: merge