FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CO/UA Million Mile (and Beyond) Flyer Benefits, Effective Spring 2012
Old Mar 24, 2012, 10:45 am
Fredd

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by xFF
Since "those who interpret that sentence" might include me as a class of one, let me try some deflommoxization of that view. ..
Thanks for your insightful comments. ^

Please note that I'm not making any pretense of legal expertise, and it appears we're in agreement that that what UA has done is "wrong" and "unfair."

I'm also looking at the totality of the meaning of the two sentences. If you and I disagree that drastically on the meaning of those two sentences, it would appear that UA has published something quite confusing, whether intentionally or not, about the benefits of MM.

Please note also that the FAQ is addressed to PMUA MMers such as me. UA did "grandfather" benefits for PMUA 2 MM and placed PMCO IEs in an appropriate category.

Based on my dealings with UA over the previous decade, the sentences in question reinforced my belief that UA would treat me fairly, rather than using the merger as a pretext to remove the lifetime benefits it had previously promised me.

Originally Posted by colpuck
http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont.../lifetime.aspx

I agree with xFF. While the changes are bad and poor business practice, they do not rise to level of legally actionable.
That's why I asked you to list them. The only "lifetime" mentioned is "lifetime Premier status." The benefits are "annual benefits."

We do agree that the changes are "bad and poor business practice." I'll leave it to the practicing lawyers to argue the legal aspects profitably.