FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - cars at PBI
Thread: cars at PBI
View Single Post
Old Mar 23, 2012, 11:07 pm
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Today was a festival of low-budget stuff on both Emerald and Exec aisles - actually you couldn't tell the difference between the two aisle...both had lots of beat-up Altimas.

I had an Infiniti G37 that I picked up weeks ago in FLL and renewed for 2 weeks at FLL Exec Airport (they are new to National's system, but a good option if you want to avoid FLL's sky-high taxes)...the plan was to peruse the aisle and see if they had anything better, and if not, just close out and re-rent the Infiniti.

While nothing was on the Aisle of interest, there were two Avalons (one brand new) sitting under the covered reserved section. I identified myself as an Executive Elite member and asked the nice Aisle-minder if I could give them back the Infiniti for the Avalon (I needed more space and better gas mileage)...and he agreed...so off I went in an Avalon with only 3 miles on the odometer. I'll renew next week at FLL Exec, then renew it at PBI thereafter, and then they can have it back when I fly out.

On a side note, can anyone tell me how to setup the stupid bluetooth phone system on the Avalon? It's the least intuitive setup I've ever seen