FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - At <24h, int'l UPGs now only can be WL'd by airport staff
Old Mar 23, 2012, 4:16 pm
RealFan

Programs: UA GS, UA 1.6MM, AA LT PLT, AA 2.6MM, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador
I am glad someone started a thread on this because I am very confused and was about to post my experience from this week. I am a GS and was traveling between ORD and Asia (outbound to PEK, return from NRT).

Two weeks ago, I put in for GPUs to move from J/C to F. For both segments, the online reservation showed the booked and waitlisted segments. On Monday of this week, I went to the airport knowing that I hadn't cleared on the outbound. At the United Club, I asked about my status on the w/l and was told that I wasn't on it. I was also told that the new policy was that one could not request to be put on the w/l after T < 24. I complained that I had put in for a GPU two weeks ago and the agents put me back on the list. I ended up being #1 and never cleared.

While in Asia during the week, I called the GS line to check on my return upgrade. Now mind you the nice ladies at the United Club at ORD told me that my return upgrade was properly documented, looked good, and would most likely come through (no promises of course). When I called to check on Wednesday, the GS agent told me that not only was I not on the w/l, but that she had no history indicating that I had ever been on it. I asked to NOT be put back on the list due to all this confusion. Of course, two GPUs are missing from my account and have yet to return.

I am so confused about what is the right procedure and why my upgrades are not working. I hope UA gets its act together very soon.